This year’s Premios Juventud (Youth Awards) was not nearly as electric as the previous years, but either way provided material for us to rant, rave, and relish on. My seat wasn’t that great, but I did have access to many celebrities.
- Kumbia Kings opened with a hot performance and they really pumped up the crowd. I looked around and everybody was dancing.
- Univision, hoping to bank on their recent flux of English-speaking audience, had host Cristian De La Fuente announce that the show was available in CC3, making english subtitles available.
- La India fell off the stage during her performance straight into the audience not once, not twice, but three times.
- Calle 13 performed and the entrance consisted of the rapper flying in on a bicycle E.T. style.
- Thalia looked stunning and pulled off Mariah Carey hair better than Mariah Carey, but lip synced the entire song and then proceeded to pretend even more by faking a guitar performance.
- Wisin and Yandel walking up to RBD in the seating area and congratulating them on their wins. The RBD kids looked frightened for their lives when the reggaetoneros approached them.
- Rapper Ivy Queen was recognized for her long-running and successful career.
- Daddy Yankee wasn’t there to receive his award for Best Urban Artist and the crowd booed when it was announced that he wasn’t present.
- Bobby Larios asked to be seated next to India or Ivy Queen only.
- Aventura won the award for Favorite Tropical Artist and then one of their members accepted the award with a rap dedicated to the immigrants in the United States. Very Anti-Bush.
- Ninel Conde, the star of the night, was sexy as hell during her musical performance.
- Bacilos had what they called their “farewell performance”. They have split up and I’m sure we won’t hear of them again.
- There were winners and there were losers. Check out the winners.
All in all, it was an entertaining night and I am sure more will happen at the after-parties. That is all for now, I am off to get more scoop. I will report tomorrow after my hangover wears off.