There are some changes happening with the Latin Grammy Awards.
Nothing too major but definitely enough for us to share. Here they go:
- There will now be 10 nominees in each of the four Categories in the General Field: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best New Artist.
- The three categories in the Pop Field (Female Pop, Male Pop, and Pop Duo/Group) are now combined into two categories: Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album and Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album.
- In the Rock Field, the category Best Pop/Rock Album has been added.
- The Tropical Field also gains a category, Best Tropical Fusion Album.
- To ensure the Awards process remains representative of the current musical landscape, the Alternative Field now accepts Portuguese language recordings.
- The Best Native Brazilian Roots Album is now called Best Brazilian Roots Album.
So the total number of Latin Grammy categories is now 47. Understood?